Friday, June 15, 2012

Early Birthday/ Leaving Gifts

As is tradition in our classroom (in other words: whenever anything remotely new happens, i.e.: a graduation, birthday, medical leave, etc), I was thrown an early birthday/ finishing my Work Study party yesterday.

I had a hunch something like this would happen, as I'm usually the accomplice and co-planner of all classroom parties, but I was not expecting to be lavished upon so wonderfully. I feel humbled to have made such a positive impact on the adults and children that I've worked with since October, and even though I'll be back in September, I'm left with a bittersweet feeling as I finally embrace summer vacation.

Okay, enough mushy stuff, here are my super awesome gifts: 


A very pretty, lilac-colored, lace top. Funny story about me wearing lace to work...on second thought, I'd rather not share that. Haha!

A floral and lace headband of the same lilac color and a gift card to the place where all of this was purchased--one of my new favorite stores-- Francesca's Collections!


A play titled, "Betrayal" by Harold Pinter from my friend, Danny. It's really good so far.

Some cards signed by my buddy and fellow America Reads tutor, Danielle (we didn't get along so well at first, but we're besties now!), my kids (how cute are their signatures on the green card?), my co-workers (really sweet, inspiring messages and advice), and one from Danny again on the inside cover of "Betrayal." 


A Fossil bag...need I say more? I'm the flower lady after-all!


And lastly, this yummy cake after a lunch of broccoli with garlic sauce and chicken wings (my choice of course!) with Halloween themed table covers, Christmas plates, and Spongebob Squarepants candles. It was great.

I'd have loved to have posted some pictures of my kids, but out of respect to the school's and their parent's wishes, I've refrained from including any children in the pictures. Next time, though (when I get permission, that is)!

No comments:

Post a Comment